Wondering what to make with leftover ham? Thischeesy potato ham casseroleis a long-time favorite that I cannot wait to pass down to your family.
Leftover Ham Casserole Recipe
This leftover ham casserole the most ridiculously easy casserole you’ll ever make and yet we looooove it. In fact, I even posted about this cheesy ham and potato bacon casserole onInstagramand everyone was commenting or even emailing/texting me for the recipe.
This leftover ham and potato casserole is a perfect dish for these chilly months, and is even better to save for when you need to use up holiday leftovers like ham, broccoli, and new potatoes.
我们都需要温暖，容易，美yabo英雄联盟味的东西，在一年中的这个时候使用剩菜，这是这个火腿和奶酪砂锅。我认为这甚至会像我们一样喜欢busy day casserolethat has gone so crazy with our readers.
One of the best things about this leftover ham casserole is that although you have some chopping to do, and a little frying from the bacon, there really isn’t much else to do. It’s also really easy to let your kids help grate the cheese or chop the cream cheese, and you know we are such big fans of that.
Leftover Ham Casserole Ingredients
This ham and cheese casserole recipe couldn’t be easier! Here’s what you’ll need to make this ham dinner idea:
- Cooked ham
- Steamed broccoli
- Light cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
How to Make Ham Casserole
- In a skillet, melt the butter and then add in the chopped onion. Saute until tender.
- Add the butter and onions to the pot with the potatoes, then add in the broccoli, ham, and cream cheese.
- Stir everything together, then turn into a greased baking dish.
- 烤至热透。撒上熟熏肉啊ver top just before serving.
Can I Prep This Casserole Ahead of Time?
Our leftover ham casserole can be prepared up to a day ahead of time and then baked when you’re ready to get dinner on the table. Just cover it with foil or plastic wrap and store it in the fridge until you bake it. It’s also a great meal to deliver to someone who needs a little help with a new baby or sick family. So if you’re looking for a meal idea for a new baby, this is it!
Can I Add Other Veggies to This Casserole?
By all means! Feel free to bulk up this ham and potato casserole with any leftover veggies you have lying around. Just be sure to cook the veggies before mixing them in with the potatoes (either saute or steam them, depending on what they are).
Very easily! Simply double the ingredients and bake in a 9×13-inch pan.
If you’re vegetarian, you can easily add more veggies and skip the meat.You’d wind up with a cheesy potato casserole, which sounds absolutely delicious!
You can use any type of potatoes you have on hand, but we prefer red or gold potatoes because they are a little creamier in taste and texture. A russet is fine too, though!
Also, make sure to boil the potatoes until tender. If you don’t cook them enough, they’ll still be hard even after you bake them in this ham casserole.
More HAM RECIPES You Will Love:
- Ham Dipping Sauces
- Secret to the Best Ham Fried Rice
- Spring Ham and Asparagus Lemon Cream Sauce
- Ham Lemon Orzo with Parmesan and Peas
- Hawaiian Ham and Pineapple Casserole
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Stromboli
- Hash Browns Ham Frittata
- Ham Hock Soup
- Easy Ham and Cheese Scones
- Ham and Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese
- How to Make Ham in a Slow Cooker
- All our BEST PORK RECIPES here!
More CASSEROLE RECIPES You’re Sure to Love:
- Mexican Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice Casserole
- Tater Tot Pizza Casserole
- Hawaiian Ham and Pineapple Casserole
- Coconut Curry Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Teriyaki Beef Casserole
- Low Carb Cheesy Ground Beef and Cauliflower Rice Casserole
Cheesy Potato Ham Casserole
- 1/3杯子上ionfinely chopped
- 2杯火腿熟, chopped
- 1 1/2杯broccoli切碎的and steamed
- 4ouncesneufchatel cheeseor light cream cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2杯切达奶酪grated
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 8x9-inch baking pan.
Fill a pot with water and heat over medium heat.
Add the potatoes and boil until tender when pierced with a knife, about 8 minutes.*
In a skillet over medium heat, add the butter and once it begins to melt add the onion.
Saute until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Dump the onion and butter into the pot with the potatoes and add the broccoli, ham and cream cheese.
Top with bacon the last minute and serve!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREEOh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTERAND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag#ohsweetbasil上INSTAGRAMfor a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ONFacebook.|INSTAGRAM|PINTEREST|推特FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.